Flexibility, expertise, exam practice, and total commitment to clients
PAUL KENT LEGAL TRAINING OLQE 2019 COURSE
Paul Kent Legal Training is pleased to announce its OLQE 2019 Course.
Flexibility is a key feature of the services offered by Paul Kent Legal Training. This is very important for busy lawyers, who must find time to study while maintaining a busy workload.
For the OLQE 2019 Course, we have increased our already flexible programme by:
- adding to the number and variety of study options, and
- minimising the rigidity of the full in-house package, while maintaining the possibility of in-house study, subject to availability.
Choose the option that best suits your requirements and your schedule.
1. ONLINE LEARNING PACKAGE (‘OLP’)*
The real time OLP includes:
- 21 hours of online interactive tutorials in Head I (Conveyancing) & Head VI (Hong Kong Constitutional Law), and
- 10 hours of online interactive sessions in Head I and Head VI (face to face revision classes may be available, subject to early registration)
The tutorials focus on how to APPLY law to identify legal issues and to resolve the kinds of legal problems that arise in practice, and which have been, or which may be, tested in the examination.
Tuition combines reinforcement of knowledge and tips and techniques for answering questions in the exam.
Commencement of tutorials
The online tutorials will start in the week beginning Monday June 3, 2019. Unless otherwise advised, the tutorials will take place from 6.30 pm to 8.00 pmon Tuesday (Head 1: Conveyancing) and Thursday (Head VI: Hong Kong Constitutional Law).
In order to get the best out of these tutorials candidates are strongly advised to register early, get the notes, and start absorbing the relevant law ahead of the tutorials.
There will be a break in classes in the week beginning Monday 9 September, 2019.
Commencement of Revision Sessions
Revision classes will start in the week beginning Monday September 16, 2019.
- Online tutorials may be provided for other Heads, in combination with Head 1 or Head 6, or in any other combination.
2. IN-HOUSE PACKAGE – WEEKEND PROGRAMME
The in-house package – weekend programme, is primarily for Law Firms with 2 or more candidates for the OLQE 2019, but it may be made available for other groups by agreement with Paul Kent Legal Training.
Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
The Package consists of 26 hours of tutorials and 5 hours of revision in Head I (Conveyancing) and Head VI (Hong Kong Constitutional Law)
Tutorials will take place on a face to face basis on Saturdays and Sundays as follows:
|9.30 am – 11.15 am||Break||11.30 -1.00 pm||Lunch||2.00 pm – 3.45 pm||Break||4.00 pm – 5.30 pm|
Revision classes will take place on a face to face basis on 1 day, which may be a Saturday or a Sunday or a weekday, as follows:
|9.30 am – 11.00 am||Break||11.15 -12.45 pm||Lunch||2.00 pm – 4.00 pm|
* The above times may be varied by agreement between Paul Kent Legal Training and clients.
Available Dates *
Clients should choose 4 weekends for tutorials and 1 day for revision from the dates set out below.
|15 and 16|
|22 and 23|
|20 and 21|
|27 and 28|
|3 and 4|
|10 and 11|
|17 and 18|
|24 and 25|
|31 and 1 September|
21 and 22
|28 and 29|
|5 and 6|
|12 and 13|
|19 and 20|
* These dates are subject to amendment by agreement between Paul Kent Legal Training and clients.
(In-house training may also be provided on weekdays by arrangement with Paul Kent Legal Training – please email Paul Kent at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information).
3. COMBINED LEARNING PACKAGE
This Package combines the Online Learning Package in Heads I and VI with tutoring in Head II (Civil and Criminal Procedure), Head III (Commercial and Company law), and Head IV (Accounts and Professional Conduct), or any combination of these subjects.
Candidates may choose any combination. Heads II to IV are primarily for self-study, but online tutorials may be provided by agreement with Paul Kent Legal Training.
4. SELF-STUDY PACKAGE WITH UNLIMITED EMAIL CONTACT
This Package is available for any one or more of the 5 written papers.
5. TAILOR-MADE PACKAGES
Please send an email to email@example.com if none of the above options meets your requirements.
6. REVISION PACKAGE
This Package is primarily for candidates who have failed one or more subjects in the OLQE.
RESOURCES AND MATERIALS
Candidates who register for the Paul Kent Legal Training OLQE 2019 Course will all receive the following:
- high quality personal tutoring
- study plans
- unrivalled guidance on learning as you study
- unlimited email contact
- ‘drop-in’ sessions by arrangement and subject to availability ‘
- a specified number of hours of personal tutoring, which varies depending on which study option you choose
- dedicated study notes, containing principles and cases relevant to each particular subject
- audio recordings to explain and illustrate the law, with particular reference to key cases and statutory provisions and tips on how to identify issues and write efficient and effective answers
- guided study to familiarise you with the subject, focussing on the APPLICATION of law to solve typical problems arising in each subject
- revision sessions to enable you to review what you know and to sharpen your skills in answering examination questions in the time permitted by the examination
- mock examinations, with individual comments on submissions and full answers
- suggested solutions’* to past examination questions updates
- * The ‘suggested solutions’ are intended to provide guidance on the structure of answers to past papers. They are NOT ‘model’ answers in the sense that they provide the only way of answering the question set. It is important to stress that, like any law examination, the examiners expect candidates to respond to issues raised by the current facts, and not merely to regurgitate answers to previous questions. The ‘solutions’ have been prepared by Paul Kent Legal Training. They are not official answers and should not be taken as representing the views of examiners or of the Law Society of Hong Kong.
START STUDYING ON REGISTRATION
The OLQE is a tough examination. Register as early as possible to absorb all the required information, and give yourself time to develop the skills necessary to pass the examination.
Efficient time management is crucial to preparing to pass the OLQE. We strongly advise our clients to start studying as early as possible and plan our courses to assist you to make the most of the time available to you. Please see ‘OLQE: MANAGING YOUR TIME’ for guidance on this very important matter.
On registration for any of the study options set out below, you will receive:
- a full set of notes, including answers to past examination questions,
- instructions on how to work through the notes in the most efficient and effective way, and
- instructions on how to access the audio files.
In addition, you will immediately be able to contact Paul Kent via email. Paul will give you learning support throughout your studies.
CONTACT US NOW
For fees, registration forms, and advice on preparing applications to sit or be exempt from sitting the OLQE 2019, please send an email NOW to Paul Kent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit our website at www.pskent.com to learn more about our exam-focussed approach to getting you through the OLQE. Click on OLQE for testimonials and other reasons for choosing Paul Kent Legal Training as your OLQE 2019 course provider.